Why becoming an FPL customer is a great value for your business:
- We are committed to helping Florida stay an affordable place to live and a great state to operate a business.
- Keeping bills low for our customers and delivering reliable service is a top priority for everyone at FPL.
- Our investments in smart, cost-efficient technologies have helped us keep our customers’ electric bills lower than the U.S., Florida and South Atlantic averages.
- We are one of the cleanest utilities in the nation, with the majority of our power generated from clean, natural gas. We also use emissions-free nuclear power, and operate three commercial-scale solar generation facilities in Florida with more planned for the future
FPL has two special incentive programs for growing businesses
Even with rates among the lowest in the southeast and well below the national average, we understand that, in today’s competitive economy, sometimes it takes more. FPL now has two special programs for economic development projects:
Economic Development Rider (EDR)
Our economic development rider is designed to help attract new investment to the Sunshine State and create more jobs for Floridians. Eligible companies receive declining discounts on their standard base energy and demand charges over four years; the discount increases to five years if the company moves into a vacant, existing building. In order to qualify, a new or expanding business must:
- Create at least 25 new jobs per 350 kW demand of new electric demand
|Business discount for
re-use of vacant property
Commercial Industrial Service Rider (CISR)
This rate was designed to attract new, large power users to the state as part of a competitive location project. In order to negotiate a rate, potential or existing businesses must:
- Have a load of 2,000 kW of greater, served by a single meter
- Document that this is part of a competitive project with opportunities for lower rates outside FPL territory
- Once these stipulations are satisfied, both FPL and the customer must agree to a negotiated power contract after entering into a non-disclosure agreement
Our commitment to help keep your business competitive
We know that a business requires the best customer service and technical support, that’s why we have many services and programs to support your business prior to and after becoming an FPL customer. FPL assigns dedicated account managers to its larger customers to provide the following services:
- Single point of contact at FPL for all operational issues, rate analysis, billing and project management for all new construction and expansion projects
- Technical expertise on all service reliability or power quality issues
- Advisement on cost-savings opportunities, including energy rebates and energy audits
- Rate counseling to ensure customers receive the lowest possible rate
- Infrastructure assessments of your proposed or current property